Old 05-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Arrow Speed

Default Lawn Tractor bogging down?

"Todd" wrote in message
I have a Honda 3813 Lawn tractor that I got used about 1 month ago and

just
finished putting new bearings in the mower deck, and I have a question.

How much does the average lawn tractor slow down when the deck is engaged?

When I engage the deck the engine slows down a lot. If it were not at full
throttle it would stall. When the deck is disengaged mower is strong as a
mule, and runs very well. It is a 13hp 2-cylinder water-cooled engine.
After I fixed the deck it turns easily by hand, but the engine seems to
strain.

How does your lawn tractor run??

I have a Crapsman 25 hp with a 50" deck that bogged to a stop if not at full
throttle. I could pull the choke at the same time and it would not do this,
so I gave it a little richer mixture and it quit.