Old 05-07-2003, 03:20 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default Spray oil in July Ok? kill aphids then wash off with hose

I'm still spraying with Neem Oil every couple of weeks and haven't had any
problems. The horticultural formulas available at Lowes (but not HD...at
least not mine) is what I'm using...but I guess since the oil simply
smothers the aphids, the type of oil probably isn't all that important.

I spray after the sun goes behind the other houses so there is no direct
sunlight and the air has started cooling off but before it goes down and I
can't see anymore.

First time I used it, 1,000's of aphids were dead dead dead when I checked
the plant the next morning.

John
Austin, Tex -- where it definately gets over that 90o mark

"lbbs" wrote in message
I have a bad case of aphids on my plum tree. Would it be bad for the

tree
if I spayed oil on the tree to kill them and then a day late, spray the

tree
with a water gun to wash off the oil. I tried insecticide soap, but did
not help much.