Old 05-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Fudge

Default OT Salsa

I make this every year. I call it "tomato stuff". It can be used wherever
tomatoes are needed. Start with super ripe almost rotten tomatoes. I use a
blend of Brandywine, Celebrity, Polish Oxheart and Roma Paste. Scald
tomatoes in a large canning pot and remove skins. Cut up if necessary and
stew over low heat until desires consistency is reached. DO NOT BURN. Add
salt to taste and any type of flavoring. I add chopped onions, red and green
peppers... whatever. Read the ingredients on a jar of commercial tomato
stuff. Process in a hot water bath for at least 1 hour. Do this correctly or
you could die. Check the jar seals. Add a sprig of fresh oregano to a jar
before processing. For salsa, I would open a jar and add whatever I wanted
and dip away!

Farmer John

"samuel l crowe" wrote in message
I want like to can a few pints of salsa, I like it spicy hot.

Does anyone have one or several recipes they would share?

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC