Old 05-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Kay Easton

Default Local Council subsidised compost bin, any good?

In article pan.2003.07.05.09.11.02.265430@
molnir.demon.co.uk, Sarah Dale writes

I think the legislative drive will hopefully help things along. What we
really need to do is ensure all goods made are 100% recyclable, and made
in a substainable way.

And cut down on the packaging!!

That would go a ways towards solving some of the
problems this world has. We also need to get certain countries less
consumer orientated, and go back to making things last as long as
possible, rather than the modern cycle where things are only built to last
7 years or so and then fall apart...

And change the culture where you get rid of things because they are no
longer fashionable or not the latest model, rather than because they've
ceased to function.

But how to do it? It'll probably only happen when our disposable incomes
are too low to allow us any other choice

And in all honesty, I'd find it very hard to give up my computer and all
my other energy guzzling conforts of modern life.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: