Old 05-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

Default Tree with Runners

Hi the

In my front yard I have a deciduous tree with maroon leaves--I don't
know what it is, but it was here when I moved in 12 years ago. It has
a nasty habit of throwing up runners within a 3' radius around the
trunk. Is there a better way to handle this than just me and my
pruning shears? It makes it difficult to plant flowers around it,
then runners appear everywhere in my beds. It also seeds itself
everywhere in the yard. The small seedlings are easy to pull out if
they are 6" or less, but those runners are driving me nuts. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Cynthia