Old 05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Bay Trees

(gmt) wrote in :

I tried cuttings, with rooting hormone and without,
in sharp sand plus compost, in potting compost
and simply stuck into the pots of other plants
(my favourite method). No luck. I tried layering
(not easy but with a sunken patio I could peg the bay
out on the soil of the level above). No luck. I tried
air layering - moss, plastic bags the full works. No
luck.

I have a very junior bay tree that was grown from a cutting...
It was done with rooting hormone powder....

It took an incredibly long time to show signs of growth....And even now its
VERY SLOW....

Perhaps its a case of WHERE you cut as much as when you cut?