Old 05-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Jim Webster

Default RR Wheat - but who wants it? (was GM German Wheat Trials...)

"Dean Ronn" @home wrote in message
I guess what really floors me a bit here is that I've sold
about 20,000 acres of Puma here annually for a very long time and have

never
run into any situation such as the one that your stating, but in your
defense, I would sure like to hear you expand on it.

One thing that has interested me, apparently in the EU we are supposed to
grow subsidy free wheat and compete on a world market. Now I'm no where near
an expert on arable, I do rear cattle and twitch whenever the someone puts
grass brown side up. But we have had some interesting swapping of figures on
the cattle side looking at comparative costs, and I wondered just how much
it costs you gentlemen to actually grow wheat.
Jim Webster