Old 05-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Noydb

Default harvesting lettuce

Emmet Cummings wrote:

Well, I'm sure my palate has room for expansion; however, I do like the
crunchiness of the iceberg variety.

Life begins with a salad of early spinach, dandelion greens, chives and
young onions. Add a dollop of Caeser dressing and prepare to shame the
rabbits.

Then too, there's a lot to be said for what is sometimes called "Wilted
lettuce" salad ... black seeded simpson tossed in a bowl with some thinly
sliced onions, a splash of red wine vinegar, crumbled freshly cooked bacon,
an optional pinch of granulated sugar and the hot grease off the bacon.

The missus and I (she's from Brooklyn,NY by way of connection)have been
raiding the mesclun mix greens almost daily for a simple salad of just
greens and a dressing of some sort.

Michigan winters can be the pits ... but summers are the peaks!

Bill