Old 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Noydb

Default harvesting chilis

Neil Catley wrote:

Hi all,

This is the first year I hav grown chillis - advice would be much
appreciated !

Thanks,
Neil

Neil, do not, under ANY circumstances pick the habaneros bare handed. I
picked the habs off just 4 plants last year and it was fully 10 days before
I could close my fingers against each other. I wish you could hear my voice
for emphasis. Do NOT work with habs bare handed. You WILL regret it. Search
the usenet archives via Google for the topic of habs if you don't believe
me. Nobody picks habs bare-handed for free.

You don't have to listen to me. But if you don't listen to me this time, you
will next. Wear TWO pairs of plastic gloves when working with habs. I cut
70 habs for the dryer. I paid full price for a full week.

Just a FYI,

Bill