Old 06-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Jeff Coles

Default Hedges

Might I suggest Hebe?

Hebe x franciscana "Blue Gem" 4ft height and spread with 3"- 4" blue
racemes are borne intermittently through out the year. ( The local church
has grown this as a hedge ).
quite fast growing and trim-able, not sure how invasive the roots are but
none of the hebes I have growing cause me trouble.
There is another hebe with white flowers, but I don't know the variety name
but it grows in the same proportions as the "Blue Gem" and would look
attractive grown alternately
They are salt air tolerant and reasonably priced.

Regards Jeff

"icathro" wrote in message
What do you recommend for a fast growing, attractive, hedge to separate

our
garden from our next door neighbour ?

We have one section which is very close to our house and conservatory, so
we'd want to avoid something with aggressive roots that could damage
masonry.