Old 06-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Bill R

Default HELP! Vegetable plant leaves light green?

Bob Petruska wrote:
I have a major problem where all my vegetables have very light green leaves
to where they are almost yellow. I live in northeastern PA and June was
just 30 days of rain and no sun so this may be a factor.

The veggies that are light green are Tomatos, peppers, beans, cucumbers,
onions, cabbage. I use 10-10-10 fertilizer, and Ironite. PA has acid rain
so I usually mix in some lime in the early spring.

Also the plants are not growing bushy at all the tomatos and peppers are
look thin.

Any suggestions?

Bob,

I live west of you and we had the same strange spring
weather. I noticed that some of my veggies were looking the
way that you described yours and I started watering them
with half strength fertilizer (I use 20-27-5) about twice a
week about two weeks ago and now they are deep green. The
10-10-10 fertilizer is really a general purpose fertilizer
and I would switch to one made specifically for vegetables.

Not to rub it in, I picked my first couple of tomatoes
yesterday and they were from plants that I started myself.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden visit http://members.iglou.com/brosen