Old 06-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Pam Rudd

Default OT Salsa

When last we left our heros, on Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:30:29 -0600,
John DeBoo scribbled:

Speaking of salsa, last year at an organic store I tasted a
delightful salsa made basically with Yellos hots and fresh
pineapple. The contrast was out of this world. Unfortunately there
was nobody available that could tell me everything that was in it
but chili and pineapple were the 2 primary ingredients, maybe the
only two.

Found these with a quick Google search on Salsa + Pineapple.

PINEAPPLE-GINGER SALSA

Ingredients: 150 g / 1/4 fresh pinapple, diced
1 small mango, diced
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
4-5 scallions, thinly sliced
3/4 dl spicy sweet & sour ginger glaze
1/2 dl fresh cilantro eller mint, finely chopped
seasalt

Pineapple Salsa #1

1/2 Med Pineapple -- 1/2 dice
1 Sm Red Bell Pepper -- 1/2 dice
3 Med Green Onions -- Minced
1 serrano Pepper -- Minced
1 Ginger Root Slice -- 1/2-in minced
1 Tbsp lime Juice
1/8 Tsp Salt

Pinapple Salsa #2

1 1/2 C Fresh Pineapple -- diced
1/4 C Red Bell Pepper -- minced
1/4 C Green Bell Pepper -- minced
1/4 C Red Onion -- minced
1/4 C Fresh cilantro -- minced
1 Tbsp Fresh lime Juice
2 1/2 Tsp jalapeno -- seeded and minced
1/4 Tsp lime Peel -- grated and minced

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with
salt.

Pineapple salsa #3

2 cups pineapple, fresh -- chopped fine
1 cup tomato -- seeded and diced
1/2 cup cucumber -- peeled, seeded, dice
1/4 cup shallot -- chopped fine
3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh -- chopped fine
1 tablespoon jalapeno -- chopped fine
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic -- minced

Pineapple Salsa #4

Diced fresh pineapple (1/3 of the whole thing)
diced mango
diced avocado
finely minced chile, seeded with ribs removed
lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 or 2 tsp olive oil
minced fresh mint leaves.

Pineapple Salsa 6

Yield: 8 Servings

1 c Finely chopped fresh pineapple
2 tb Orange marmalade
1 tb Chopped fresh cilantro
2 ts Chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
2 ts Diced pimento
1 1/2 ts lime juice
1/4 ts Salt

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until
serving time.

Makes 1 cup.

As for regular salsa, we cut up tomatos, onion, celery, sometime
carrots, green chili (anaheim) and/or yellow hots, garlic, salt &
pepper and run it thru the blender to a very course consistancy.
Break out the tortilla chips, I'm on my way!!!

Do you cook the carrots?

And what do you mean by yellow hots? Hungarian Wax?

Pam, looking for a good mango/hanbanero glaze for grilling.
"ElissaAnn"