Old 06-07-2003, 05:20 AM
Sunflower

Default HELP! Vegetable plant leaves light green?

"Bob Petruska" wrote in message
news
I have a major problem where all my vegetables have very light green
leaves
to where they are almost yellow. I live in northeastern PA and June was
just 30 days of rain and no sun so this may be a factor.

The veggies that are light green are Tomatos, peppers, beans, cucumbers,
onions, cabbage. I use 10-10-10 fertilizer, and Ironite. PA has acid

rain
so I usually mix in some lime in the early spring.

Also the plants are not growing bushy at all the tomatos and peppers are
look thin.

Any suggestions?

Nitrogen is rapidly leached out of soils, and the excessive rain you've had
has done just that. The solution would be to add in some manure or other
high N type of fertilizer. For a quick fix, you can use some of the liquid
soluble fertilizers like Peters. If it keeps raining, you may have to keep
applying.

Sunflower
MS 7b