Old 06-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Kay Easton

Default got gooseberry plant, but when to pick

In article , certos
writes
I've got a gooseberry plant that has fruit on it. I have no idea on
how to tell when to pick it. Call me clueless I'm not a very good
gardener. do I pick it now or wait till Aug... Sept.... ????

Soon. Or maybe now, depending on where you are. Mine are easy to tell
because they are one of the varieties that goes reddish when ripe.

You could try picking one and tasting it to see if you think it is ripe
enough.

And if they start falling, then it's definitely time to pick quick!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: