Old 06-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Jim Carter

Default Tomatoes not ripening

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:47:18 GMT, "Dave Allyn" (Dave Allyn)
wrote in rec.gardens.edible:

My Early Girls Tom's are about golf ball size. My sweet 100's all
have green stars on the tops of them, so they will be popping any day
now...

How long ago did you plant them outdoors? I planted out the last weekend of
May/first weekend of June. My Early Girls are about #3, probably due to the
rain and cold. Stupice was the first to set fruit and, surprisingly, Lemon Boy
was second. Lemon Boy has since passed Stupice in size. Lemon Boy's largest
tomato is about 3cm across, but Stupice is setting fruit like there is no
tomorrow! Ultra Sweet now has large fruits, as well. Dufresne has set fruit.
All Cherry and Grape tomatoes have set fruit.

Brandywine (both red and pink) and Cherokee Purple have flowers, but have not
yet set fruit (have not checked this morning, however), probably because they
were started slightly later than the others.
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a