Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Mark - Zone 4

Default Moving perennials and deciduous shrubs

I need to (ok, want to) redo my gardens, and I usually do all my
dividing and transplanting/moving in the early spring. But, with all the
work involved (including re-digging my pond), I'd like to get as much as
possible completed this fall. I have about 20 shrubs of varying sizes,
and about 60 perennials. Almost everything will be moved. I'm not a
newbie, and know how and what to do, but I would really like to get your
thoughts about moving them in the fall. Thanks.

Mark - Zone 4