Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Emmet Cummings

Default harvesting lettuce

"Noydb" wrote in message
Emmet Cummings wrote:

Well, I'm sure my palate has room for expansion; however, I do like the
crunchiness of the iceberg variety.

Life begins with a salad of early spinach, dandelion greens, chives and
young onions. Add a dollop of Caeser dressing and prepare to shame the
rabbits.

Then too, there's a lot to be said for what is sometimes called "Wilted
lettuce" salad ... black seeded simpson tossed in a bowl with some thinly
sliced onions, a splash of red wine vinegar, crumbled freshly cooked

bacon,
an optional pinch of granulated sugar and the hot grease off the bacon.

Sound good except for maybe the sugar and the grease, then again anything
with bacon has got something going for it.

The missus and I (she's from Brooklyn,NY by way of connection)have been
raiding the mesclun mix greens almost daily for a simple salad of just
greens and a dressing of some sort.

mesclun mix greens, what's dat?(my best Brooklynese)

Rob