Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Wendy

Default Wire bending jigs

Thanks for the info J,
Exactly what I need to bend wire as I don't always have the power of a
man*g*
Cheers Wendy
"J. Del Col" wrote in message
While wandering the aisles at the local Wal-mart I happened on a neat
tool that could be useful for orchidomanes who want to make their own
pot hangers, plant clips, etc. It is an 18 inch bolt cutter that also
has a set of built-in wire bending jigs. It can handle fairly heavy
wire; the 18 inch handles supply plenty of leverage, so making just
about any bend should be very easy.

It cost $17.95.

I use a little diecast aluminum jig I got from Harbor Freight Tools
years ago. It does a good job. Lee Valley Tools sells the same thing
for twice what I paid for it.

J. Del Col