Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
White Monkey

Default Miniature orchids?

If you are to get flowers on it, expect to have it go up and down to
the ceiling a couple of times. I have been told that a length 10m is
not an uncommon length for production-size specimens. Not exactly a
miniature.

Not *all* my orchids have to be miniature. My husband and I need more color
around the place (in season; greenery's fine too), and could fit a *few*
normal-sized plants in here. The miniatures are just an attempt to get a
handle in advance on controlling the effect on our lives of an inevitable
leap into colelction mania. Not to mention trying to keep things as
inexpensive as possible right now, but this, I know, doesn't necessarily go
well with wanting miniatiures! So I'll be starting, ahem, small. In the
non-mini group there are some lovely yellow oncidiums (oncidia?) down at
the flower market this week for 4 Euros. I forsee myself walking down there
tomorrow...

...I have never tried this myself, so all I am stating with such
confidence is hearsay. YMMV.

Thanks; it does look, though, as though the vanilla plant will have to wait
for a greenhouse, hothouse, sunroom with conditioning, something like that.
Darn.

Thanks again,

Katrina

---