Old 06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Stagnant water?

"Lynda wrote in message
The water in my barrel pond where I have a water lily has got an
unpleasant oily sheen - I think it might be going stagnant. Is there a
chemical I can add to the water to get rid of this? I don't have room
for more plants to oxygenate the water so I wanted to try and find
something I could add to the water to get rid of this film.

Take some sheets of kitchen paper towel and gently float them flat on the
surface, they will absorb any oily film. Pull off gently and throw away.
You may have to do this a couple of times to clear it all.
--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.