Old 06-07-2003, 07:08 PM
Phisherman

Default tomato stakes

On 06 Jul 2003 12:01:19 GMT, (Allview) wrote:

I went to our local lumber yard to buy tomato stakes. They sell 6' stakes
pointed on one end for fifty cents each. The clerk asked, "Is treated wood
o.k.?". Thought we had a dealbreaker right there but they did have untreated
wood. I wonder if they sell many of the treated? Who buys them? What effect
do they have on the tomatoes?

Marilyn in Ohio

The treated ones will last a lot longer. The untreated will last 2,
maybe three years. I think someone who grows 100 plants or so will
buy te treated ones to save for furture years. They won't have any
effect on the tomatoes.