Old 06-07-2003, 08:15 PM
James Curts

Default BST MILK and Ordinary MILK Indistinquishable? Not Really.

I too was raised on unpasteurized milk also, Jim, along with my children
for a while and all was well. We produced and handled our own milk and took
care with the process. My mother was quite elated when electric
refrigerators became available. The icebox worked well up to a point.

I would certainly hesitate to buy a product from a stranger who refused to
utilize the most fundamental of proven modern health safeguards.

James Curts

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

"James Curts" wrote in message
Well, don't have a run away here. In reality it was Not good enough for
thousands of years. Milk is an ideal growing ground for bacteria which
without cooling or refrigeration is unfit to consume in a number of

hours.
Most of the world did not have access to storageble quantities of milk

until
relatively recent times and the utilization of pasteurization made it
possible.

The Amish should only force their illiteracy on themselves. Their

refusal
move along with the times is yet another form of control of one man over
others and has little of merit on which to proceed.

Pasteurization of milk was huge step forward and especially for our
children.

drunk unpasturised milk all my life, and everyone in our family for as far
back as anyone wants to go, certainly no TB or similar in the family in

the
20th cent and none that we know of in the century before that. With TB and
Brucella testing in milk on an almost daily basis these are not going to

be
a problem any more.
It is probable that urban people with their lower level of immunity to

many
things might be wise to avoid it, but to the best of my knowledge the only
countries than ban the sale of unpasturised milk are Scotland and Canada,
althrough I might be wrong here.
Certainly in the midst of one of our food scares they were even talking
about banning unpasturised cheese, at which point it was pointed out that
they couldn't because the French make and sell vast quantities of
unpasturised cheese to us. We would have to prove it a health risk to ban
the import and no one can come up with enough evidence

Jim Webster