Old 07-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Julia Altshuler

Default zucchini flowers

Just a week ago I was telling y'all how pleased I was to have so many zucchini
flowers. Now I have a problem I'd never considered: The flowers aren't
opening! I have even more flowers, but they're still nice, yellow, tightly
coiled, petally things, not fully blooming flowers that I could stick a soft
brush into for fertilization. The plant looks healthy. I've removed some
yellowing large leaves, but there's enough new growth in smaller green leaves
that I'm not worried. The last week has been hot and sunny. The whiskey barrel
is getting full sun. I've been watering daily. My half whiskey barrel has bush
beans planted around the zucchini. Any ideas on what's going wrong?

--Lia