Old 07-07-2003, 02:12 AM
John Rutz

Default Bottom Drain vs not?

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
stricks760 wrote:

I'm planning a pond. The books say 'put in a bottom drain to make
cleaning
easier.' The (few) people I've actually spoken to say 'don't put a
hole in
your liner - don't need a bottom drain.

I plan for about 1500 gallons, 24-30" depth. Probably no Koi, because
I've
heard they generate a lot of waste (and get huge).

What's the feeling on bottom drains?

I've had my ponds for several years now and just put in a retro-fit
bottom drain. I think it works great and I didn't
have to cut into the liner to install. One point to think about is -
how will you clean the bottom of your 30" pond.
The bottom drain sure makes it much easier ;-)

--
when i built my pond I had never heard of a out of pond pump or bottom
drain( nobody here sold em) now that my pond is on its third or fourth

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com