Old 07-07-2003, 02:20 AM
-- pelirojaroja

Default Fuschia's

Fuschias are heavy feeders. Compost tea should be great for them, but
it also might be promoting foliage growth over the flowering. You
might try two things (not at once):

1. Stop the tea for awhile and see if they start blooming with regular
watering.

If no blooms, then:

2. Try fertilizing with a commercial product that promotes blooming
instead of foliage growth.

If the foliage looks good and they are growing, then they'll bloom
when conditions are right. Good luck!

-- pelirojaroja

"Kari" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I have about 4 different varieties of fuschia's. Last year they were
blooming profusely; this year, I have huge amounts of foliage growth, but
very little blooming if at all. Is it still early in the season for these
plants to be covered with blooms (I'm sure they were forced when I purchased
them), or do I need to look at fertilizers? I've been feeding them with
compost tea.

I live on Whidbey Island, zone 8, and the plants are in an area where they
are very sheltered from wind and receive about one hour of direct sunshine.

Thanks in advance!