Old 07-07-2003, 02:44 AM
zxcvbob

Default Malathion Rate

Beecrofter wrote:

Dewitt wrote in message . ..

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 17:58:26 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Nobody was berating the original poster, but the chemical companies which give
people this fuzzy feeling that it's safe to use this or that.

I rather imagine that the original poster might see Beecrofter's
response, along with your "standing ovation" reply, as disparaging
toward him.

deg

You have to consider how much pesticide is misapplied and how little
information the original poster provided with his question.
Since he can't see me jumping up and down on my desk screaming read
the label some other form of emphasis was required.
For pesticide application the label is a matter of federal law,
malathion is not soapsuds but an organophosphate whose very existance
is a result of Nazi nerve gas research.
Ultrafine horticultural oil applied to smother adults and reapplied to
take out any crawlers about a week later would be a better and safer
choice for a scale problem and even then you still have to read the
label.

So you think the malathion label is gonna say to use horticultural oil to
control scale (and mealy bugs)? If not, how was your reply appropriate?

It's amazing how Nazis *always* come up eventually.

Bob