Old 07-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Yuck - smelly plants

I don't know what I'm doing, either, but it seems you and I are doing the
same thing! My neighbor brought me three HUGE lily tubers that he actually
pulled from the bottom of a pond he was visiting! I can't believe the
size of the pads - they're a foot long! I'm not sure how these monsters
will do in my pond, but since he went to all that trouble to get them for me
I'm sure as heck gonna try. I took each one and placed it on a bed of
small rocks in a mesh basket and then ran fishing line back and forth and
across the tuber and through the mesh basket until I felt sure it would stay
with the basket. Weighed it down with a large rock and sunk them. So far,
so good. I'm getting new pads like crazy, and the promise of three buds
that are halfway to the surface of the water.
Sue

"K30a" wrote in message

*This* year I put the lily tubers into
a rigid mesh pot and tied them to the sides
with black plastic string. Stuck a big rock in
and sunk them to the bottom. Letting the fish fertilize. So far the blooms

are
smaller than normal but the pads are normal size. I really have
no idea what I am doing ;-)

k30a