Old 07-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Hardy lilies - when will they flower

I was wondering how the pond was dug in the Granite State!
I don't remember seeing land that didn't have large rocks
jutting up through the soil.
Bonnie
NJ

Anne Lurie wrote:
I don't know about the lilies, John, my brain is still trying to wrap itself
around "Southern NH" and "hot, steamy weeks" in the same sentence!!!

I guess Southern NH must be bit different from northern VT (where I lived
before coming to Raleigh, NC), from the sound of it!

Either that, or there's been a paradigm shift in weather patterns! Hmm,
come to think of it, about the only times I've ever been "snowed in" were
here in Raleigh -- and there was that nasty ice storm last December.

Weird how Mother Nature likes to rearrange things, huh?

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"John Bachman" wrote in message

Our pond is new this year, 1300 gallons. We have four 5-inch fish,
three hardy lilies, mucho water hyacinth and a couple of other plants.
We are in Southern NH and have enjoyed two hot, steamy weeks that made
the plants produce lots of new growth.

When can we expect the lilies to flower?

TIA

John