Old 07-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Dewitt

Default Malathion Rate

On 6 Jul 2003 17:32:50 -0700, (Beecrofter) wrote:

You have to consider how much pesticide is misapplied and how little
information the original poster provided with his question.
Since he can't see me jumping up and down on my desk screaming read
the label some other form of emphasis was required.
For pesticide application the label is a matter of federal law,
malathion is not soapsuds but an organophosphate whose very existance
is a result of Nazi nerve gas research.
Ultrafine horticultural oil applied to smother adults and reapplied to
take out any crawlers about a week later would be a better and safer
choice for a scale problem and even then you still have to read the
label.

I realize that it is fustrating to see so many similar questions, but
it's important to remember that it's not the same person asking the
question each time. The original poster's question seems to be
sincere even though it indicates a lack of knowledge concerning
pesticides. Such questions provide an opportunity to educate people
on the proper use of pesticides and the alternatives. Berating them
simply teaches them and other not to ask questions in the future,
which is definitely not a desirable result.

deg