Old 07-07-2003, 04:47 AM
John DeBoo

Default OT Salsa

Pam Rudd wrote:

Snipped

When last we left our heros, on Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:30:29 -0600,
John DeBoo scribbled:

Speaking of salsa, last year at an organic store I tasted a
delightful salsa made basically with Yellos hots and fresh
pineapple. The contrast was out of this world. Unfortunately there

As for regular salsa, we cut up tomatos, onion, celery, sometime
carrots, green chili (anaheim) and/or yellow hots, garlic, salt &
pepper and run it thru the blender to a very course consistancy.
Break out the tortilla chips, I'm on my way!!!

Do you cook the carrots?

Nope, we grate them in, kinda course, something like you'd use is a
cole slaw. They are a filler really but add some nice crunch to the
salsa.

And what do you mean by yellow hots? Hungarian Wax?

What be Hungarian wax, something for leg hair removalG??? Or for
perking up melonsVVVBG?

Yellow hots are just like Jalapeņos in size (3" long & 1" thick) but
pale yellow in color. They are excellent when eaten raw with a
sandwich or raw and cut up in a salsa. I've never heard of anyone
roasting them as we do the Anaheim variety green chili. The
following link has some chilis but those that they are calling
'yellow hots' are red in the pic. I've yet to see a red one of this
variety anyplace in NM.

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcasel...ile/var-w.html