Old 07-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default Can anyone recommend a filter and pump for a small pond?

For smaller ones, I like Rio. I have one that's been running for 4 1/2
years now, 24/7 year round. Don't know if they are still good pumps, but
mine was cheap at the time - $50 for a 700 gallon, runs at 70 watts.
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die
from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts
soon happens to man." - Chief Seattle

"JJ" wrote in message
om...
Hi, we just purchased a small preformed pond, it is kidney shaped,
about 5'x 3' and 18" deep in center and about 10" on the sides. We
want to use it as a fountain (we already have an old concrete statue
from an old fountain) and it will be placed on a shady area. I would
like to know if anyone here can recommend a pump which will work to
run the fountain as well as a filter. I would also love a
reocmmendation on which filter (brand and type ) to buy, I have been
keeping freshwater aquariums for years and understand the 3 types of
filtration but there are so many pumps and filters out there I have no
idea where to start (I plan on buying onlineat thatfishplace.com or
bigalsonline.com). We plan on 1 small comet goldfish which we can
bring in or it can winter in a friends big pond.