Old 07-07-2003, 08:20 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Vandals

We had a useless sort of attitude before but lately the police down here are
taking all crimes seriously, trying to wipe it out before it gets worse I
think. They sometimes never even turned up for 999 calls but now, not only
turn up but catch people as well.

I'm not sure if the lads were intent on theft or vandalism but they will
have their names and addresses taken which is something, and a warning.

I went up around at 10 last night and all seemed well although some clever
person had turned one of the taps on full pelt

Sue & Bob Hobden wrote:
: Robert wrote in message ...
:: Had to call 999 twice this afternoon as three lads were trying to
:: gain entry to the site. The police caught them, they say so I am
:: hoping all will still be in one piece tomorrow. Three cheers for the
:: boys and girls in blue. This is the second time they have caught
:: people recently. I hope I'm not pushing my luck writing this lol
::
:
: I wish our Police took it seriously.
: When I mentioned our problems to our local policeman I got, " it's
: just kids with high spirits, nothing to worry about Sir".
: When I told him recently there was someone camping out on our site
: behind the brambles (and using my tarpaulin!) I was told he had seen
: it and there was nobody there when he took a look although he did see
: a radio and clothes.
: Couldn't be bothered, (and it's under one of the flightpaths from
: Heathrow, does that need much thinking about?).
: Over the last few years I have become and am becoming more and more
: disillusioned with the boys in blue and their attitude to the rest of
: us.

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk