Old 07-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Kay Easton

Default Bay Trees

In article MPG.1972b779be4618969897d1@lateinos, Warwick
writes

Last year, when we moved in here I bought a bay for the garden, this one
was a couple of quid and had half a dozen leaves and Jo said nothing
about the size. After mildew, leaf miners, vine weevils and blackspot
hit in over the winter and spring it has recently started to recover and
is now triple the size and may well be harvested from next year.

I'm so lucky! When we moved in here there were already 3 bay trees. The
largest is now up to roof level, and every year I prune huge armfuls off
all three to keep them in some sorts of bounds.

The smell when I do it is wonderful :-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: