Old 07-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Tim

Default Animal dropping identification - hedgehog?

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:07:56 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article oprrxj7yavwxhha1@localhost, Tim timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@a
pk.at writes
I'm afraid I don't have a photo but can anyone confirm the likely
identity of the layer of these droppings.

They're jet black, about 4" long and around as thick as my little-finger
(1.5cm), straight and tapering to a point at one end.
Not obvious remains of seeds or insects in them that I could make out.
They only seem to appear overnight.

I'm assuming it's a hedgehog, am I right?

A bit long, but otherwise sounds about right.

Your little finger is much thicker than mine!

Ok, it might be a little thinner.

Kay thanks, Maybe it's a big hedgehog. Perhaps I'd better strengthen the
fence.... ;-)

Tim.