Old 07-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Tim

Default Animal dropping identification - hedgehog?

Do you know if hedgehogs eat young toads - about 1" long? I have a
couple
of baby toads in the garden and I expect they might be in danger of
being
snapped-up too ?

I don't know, I think they tend to go for slightly smaller, slower moving
things, though if they really are going to eat slugs then I guess toads
wouldn't be out of the question, couldn't really taste much worse could
they
? I know they like cat food, so maybe if you stick some of that out every
night, they might be inclined to leave your toads alone, might be a bit
of a
draw for the local cat population as well though.

There are quite a few local cats. Maybe I can rig up a cat-proof tunnel or
similar, but they're pretty ingenious animals. Any extra wildlife in my
garden is welcome. Ta.

Tim.