Old 07-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Morning Glories - A high 'wow' factor!

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:05:07 GMT, Frogleg
wrote:

I bought large dark blue-green pots at the local Dollar
Store - these match the dark blue-green flower boxes that
are also on the front porch and filled with petunias. I use
ugly big black pots (that we dumpster-dived) for veggies on
the deck in back, but for the decorative stuff in the front,
I wanted something a bit nicer. Our house is white, with
blue-green shutters and trim, so the blue-green pots look
very good on the front porch.

The morning glory pots are sitting by the pillars that hold
up the front porch, so they can climb up the pillars.

snip
Pictures! I want to see pictures!

OK - I'll try to remember later when the MGs get larger.
I'm working under difficulties at the moment - have a
ruptured disk in my spine which is slowly improving - so I
hope to be forgiven if I don't get to it.

('sOK to post here -- we know there are veg on that porch, too. :-)

There actually is! There's a tomato (Early Girl) in a
large pot just at the edge of the porch (not on the porch,
on the ground). The tomato has grown up to the porch, and
some of it is resting *on* the porch.

This tomato needs to be taken out of the pot and put in the
ground, it's one of the things I'd not yet finished when I
hurt my back. But it seems to be doing well, maybe I'll
just not worry about it.

Pat