Old 07-07-2003, 01:08 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default involuted/curling leaves/branches - more water-vs.root dmaage

My biggest determinate tomato bush has curling leaves at the extreme
edges of some branches. The ones at some tips are curling into
balls--but are still very green and supple. Also new branches are
curled under themselves. I've got a indeterminate vine right next to
it, they have grown into eachother a bit. I did pinch enough and it is
bushy for the first 18". It is having no problem, but is taller and
not as thick. Also gets a little less sun.

My books say this is from not enough water, too much heat, or root
damage.

Now I can water it more, but if something has damaged the roots or
something is wrong down there...how can I tell?
Are there any tip offs of one cause vs. another?
Can tomato plants get TOO MUCH HEAT? It has grown taller than its
cage, but I could fashion a cover to cool off from the highest sun.
I upped the water yesterday and was going to do the same today. I'm
hoping to see a change. However if there is root damage I'm afraid I'm
just drowning my plant! The plant has reached a beautiful size and has
started to fruit. I don't want to hurt it at this stage.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener