Old 07-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Colin Davidson

Default Mushrooms & my new lawn...

"Justin Clark" wrote in message
Hi All

Well having put my heart & soul into levelling and returfing the garden,
it's now covered in mushrooms!!!!

I have two young children so I'm concerned that perhaps they could be
poisonous(?). How do I get rid of them permanently - would a garden
fertisiler do the trick?

If you can put a picture of said mushrooms online somewhere (ideally showing
stem, upper and lower surfaces of the mushrooms) then post a link to it on
this newsgroup and, say, alt.nature.mushrooms. If it tirns out that the
mushrooms are harmless then you can ignore them, if it turns out that
they're gastronomic then you can eat them. Either way, your children will
sooner or later encounter things that are potentially poisonous, so isn't it
better that you teach them how to avoid that risk?