Old 07-07-2003, 01:56 PM
John Bachman

Default ?? Disease attacking my plum tree??

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:51:17 -0400, vincent p. norris
wrote:

Thanks. The photos on the website Sugarchile posted look like what's
on my tree.
If it looks like black knot prune it off immediately. Make your cut
at least 6 inches away from the knot. Use a sharp tool and be sure to
sterilize it after each cut so you do not spread the pathogen. I use
a 10% bleach solution for sterilization.

Remove and burn the cuttings.

I'll do that.

vince norris

Good luck. Keep a sharp eye for more outbreaks as they will surely
come. I had to prune so much off one of my Stanleys that I thought
that I might lose it. It survived but sure is a dumb looking tree.

John