Old 07-07-2003, 02:13 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Vandals

I must admit I am thinking of taking my digital camera up with me as I can
never describe them adequately to the Police. Tall ******* in dark clothing
is not much to go on they tell me lol

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
"Lee" wrote in message
. net...
: We had a group of little "high spiriters" down our allotment breaking into
: sheds and doing some damage, unfortunately I was deployed at the time, so
: the wife had to just ignore them, as i'm sure these little ten year old
: darlings would probably have done her a mischeaf.
:
: We talked about it a while and decided that if we'd done anything and
: they'ed been violent, it probably would've been me in the dock not them...
: So after a bit of thought I wondered if I could (legally) take photo's of
: them comitting the crimes and put them up in the local newsagents window
: asking if these where anybodies kids... sort of name and shame? Would I be
: done for it?
:
: Luckely they have not been back since they have seen me walking around the
: allotment with the wife... so..... I don't know........
:
: Any thoughts?
:
:
:
:
:
: "The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
: message ...
: We had a useless sort of attitude before but lately the police down here
: are
: taking all crimes seriously, trying to wipe it out before it gets worse
: think. They sometimes never even turned up for 999 calls but now, not
only
: turn up but catch people as well.
:
: I'm not sure if the lads were intent on theft or vandalism but they will
: have their names and addresses taken which is something, and a warning.
:
: I went up around at 10 last night and all seemed well although some
clever
: person had turned one of the taps on full pelt
:
:
: Sue & Bob Hobden wrote:
: : Robert wrote in message ...
: :: Had to call 999 twice this afternoon as three lads were trying to
: :: gain entry to the site. The police caught them, they say so I am
: :: hoping all will still be in one piece tomorrow. Three cheers for the
: :: boys and girls in blue. This is the second time they have caught
: :: people recently. I hope I'm not pushing my luck writing this lol
: ::
: :
: : I wish our Police took it seriously.
: : When I mentioned our problems to our local policeman I got, " it's
: : just kids with high spirits, nothing to worry about Sir".
: : When I told him recently there was someone camping out on our site
: : behind the brambles (and using my tarpaulin!) I was told he had seen
: : it and there was nobody there when he took a look although he did see
: : a radio and clothes.
: : Couldn't be bothered, (and it's under one of the flightpaths from
: : Heathrow, does that need much thinking about?).
: : Over the last few years I have become and am becoming more and more
: : disillusioned with the boys in blue and their attitude to the rest of
: : us.
: