Old 07-07-2003, 02:32 PM
The Cook

Default Sungold (Cherry) tomato: sun or shade?

(Noam Avnery) wrote:

Hi.
I have some Sungold plants, and I think they're suffering from the heat.
This time of year it's 90F (32C) over here..
Is it true that Tomato plants prefer shade?
Thanks,

Noam

Look back about a week or so in the newsgroup for the threads about
heat and tomatoes. Here in Tidewater Virginia and places south, 90ºF
is the norm for summer and we have been producing tomatoes for
forever. The temperature is not the problem. Lack or water or
nutrients is possible or diseases. What are the problems?

Just looked at my tomatoes today and there are 2 Sun Golds that have
turned (need another day) and 2 Vita Golds. They were green
yesterday. I have picked about 7 cucumbers. The Roma beans are just
beginning to get big enough to pick (3 or 4 each day.)

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.