Old 07-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Seeds

At 04:43 PM 7/7/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Is it worth trying to sow seeds? I'm thinking for species you can't seem to
get as saplings -Chinese Elms etc

If you're patient, yeah...

There are a lot of people who will tell you no, don't do it. Then there
are others who swear by it. I'm in the middle. I haven't grown anything
from seed, mostly because I didn' thave the space for it. But I think as
an exercise in and of itself, it would be cool. However, depending on the
specie and your growing season, you may expect a long wait before you have
something you can seriously begin work on, and then another long wait
before you have a tree.

Nic
http://bmee.net

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++