Old 07-07-2003, 08:28 PM
sw

Default Animal dropping identification - hedgehog?

Kay Easton wrote:

In article , Tom
Warner writes

"Tim" wrote in message
newsprrxvodruwxhha1@localhost...
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:50:09 +0100, Stephen Howard
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:54:17 +0200, Tim
wrote:

There are quite a few local cats. Maybe I can rig up a cat-proof tunnel
or similar, but they're pretty ingenious animals. Any extra wildlife in
my garden is welcome. Ta.

Apparently all you need do is place a saucer over the bowl of cat
food. It appears that this will flummox the average cat, but will not
deter the hedgehog.

Ha, I like it ! I'll give it a try with a little bit, I don't want to stop
it eating it's natural food (unless it's toads :-) ).
Tim.

You could try dog food, my cats at least wouldn't touch the stuff, but
hedgehogs are not so fussy.

ISTR dog food is not good for hedgehogs. Not high enough meat content.

There is a tinned hedgehog food available, but I can't remember where I
saw it. Dog food plus biscuit, well soaked, is fine. Cat food plus dog
biscuit is also fine; even small quantities of bread&milk is fine. As
Pat Morris used to say, the thing to remember is that all of these are
junk food by hedgehog standards. Don't put out vast quantities, just
enough to encourage the hhogs to visit as they trundle about eating what
they should.

regards
sarah

--