Old 07-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Kev Bailey

Default [IBC] Seeds

I got my first of many species from seed and it is a way to get some of
the more esoteric species. You can get most of them as saplings though.
It depends where in the UK you are. Give us a rough indication and I'll
see if I can help.

If you are happy to have some growing on from seed and waiting a long
time until you can do anything with them - four or five years minimum -
take a look at my trees from seed articles at
http://www.actionvideo.freeserve.co.uk/articles.htm Look under
propagation.

I still start hundreds of maples every spring but have slowed down on
other species as I now have too many plants.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

Is it worth trying to sow seeds? I'm thinking for species you can't seem
to get as saplings -Chinese Elms etc

John
UK

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++