Old 07-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Kay Easton

Default Vandals

In article , Lee
writes
We had a group of little "high spiriters" down our allotment breaking into
sheds and doing some damage, unfortunately I was deployed at the time, so
the wife had to just ignore them, as i'm sure these little ten year old
darlings would probably have done her a mischeaf.

We talked about it a while and decided that if we'd done anything and
they'ed been violent, it probably would've been me in the dock not them...
So after a bit of thought I wondered if I could (legally) take photo's of
them comitting the crimes and put them up in the local newsagents window
asking if these where anybodies kids... sort of name and shame? Would I be
done for it?

I think you would run into trouble publishing a picture of anyone
alleging they had committed a crime. However, our local schools have
indicated that they are willing to take action against children
vandalising locally if they are shown photos of the children involved.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: