Old 07-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default white flower

White flowers can occur when the gene(s) controlling the production of
floral pigment is defective. The mutation theoretically can occur in any
flowering plant species. The white flowered character is usually recessive
to the typical flower color. A plant with typically colored flowers does not
usually change to white unless perhaps the plant become anemic in some way.

Some species normally produce white flowers.

Alain LETRANGE wrote in message
Bonjour,

A propos de certaines fleurs, mes flores précisent "rouge, (violet, bleu),
parfois blanche"
Effectivement, j'ai rencontré des Campanules , érythrones, jasiones,
digitales... blanches
Est-ce l'albinisme chez les fleurs ? les graines produites donneront

elles
des spécimens blancs ?
Il me semble que ces anomalies apparaissent en fin de période de

floraison.
Avez-vous fait la même remarque ?

I try to translate :-))

About some flowers, my books said "red (or purple, or blue), sometimes
white".
Indeed, I have met white Campanula patula, white Erythronium, white

Jasione,
white Digitalis "purpurea", etc...
Are they albinos ? Does the seeds will give another white ?
I think they appear at the end of the flowering period ? Did you think so
???

--
Alain

(enlever le x)
Mon village en Haute-Soule (loisirs, fleurs...):
http://perso.club-internet.fr/jarailet
Carnet de voyages : http://perso.club-internet.fr/jarailet/Randobal