Old 08-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Sean Houtman

Default Introductory botany textbook for N. American trees

From: "Cereoid-UR12yo"

Obviously, you have never seen the book I am recommending.
It may claim to be a field guide but it is much more thorough than that.
It is exactly the type of book he is asking for.

So instead of showing your ignorance, which book do you recommend?

I have a copy of Elias. Based on my use of it, and an examination of the few
pages of Farrar that are available on Amazon.com, I would recommend the Farrar
book for someone asking for a "serious academic" book on the subject.

Can you support your claim that Elias is "exactly the type of book he is asking
for"? Have you provided copies of both works to the OP and gotten a statement
to that effect?

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page;