Old 08-07-2003, 01:20 AM
Moontanman

Default glow in the dark fishies

off topic, but now off my soap box and for the record, I probably
wouldn't buy one of the glowing fishes unless I was going for a "mod"
tank filled with castles and air bubbling divers and skeletons with
treasure chests.

Glowing fishes are no worse than lion headed goldfish, teacup poodles,
miniature horses, mules, various odd colored snakes or any other animal whose
appearence we change for our own benefit. True genetic manipuation is a little
more direct but still the same thing. As for global warming we happen to in be
in one of the most stable streaches of climate in the last several million
years. climate has changed by dozens of degrees warmer and colder than we are
now and over shorter spans of time than we have monitored. contrary to most
current thinkers we are now in in a decline of CO2 that will eventually result
in the decline of all plant life and eventually all life on our planet. CO2
emissions from vulcanolism are in a s gradual decline that will in a half
billion years or so result in a dearth of CO2 so severe that plant life will
die off. the increase of CO2 and warming caused by humans is insignificant in
the greater scheme of things. It's only when a very tiny slice of time is
taken into account does our CO2 emmisions seem to be significant. In fact we
could only be slightly delaying the inevitiable next ice age which is good for
most people of the world. Actually we really don't know what the long term
effect will be and there is evidence that more CO2 will result in increased
plant growth and greater food production. In fact CO2 levels have been much
greater in the past at times when plant growth was much more rampant than
today. the real problems of Ozone holes, an smog are much more important than
CO2, at least for humans personally. As long as humans continue to live on this
planet (which is something we must change if we want the earth's ecosystem to
grow naturally and for humans to survive) humans will continue to have effects
on the planet. some good some bad but none as great or widespread as the
effects the earth it's self can have with one volacanic explosion. it's better
if we design our own pets instead of harvesting them from the wild, at least GM
pets will not have to be taken from the wild and promote destruction of entire
ecosystems for pet fish. We will destroy the ecosystems fast enough to grow
cows, obtain lumber, grow gardens, and other more nesessary things.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me