Old 08-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Sean Houtman

Default white flower

From: "Alain LETRANGE"

Bonjour,

A propos de certaines fleurs, mes flores précisent "rouge, (violet, bleu),
parfois blanche"
Effectivement, j'ai rencontré des Campanules , érythrones, jasiones,
digitales... blanches
Est-ce l'albinisme chez les fleurs ? les graines produites donneront elles
des spécimens blancs ?
Il me semble que ces anomalies apparaissent en fin de période de floraison.
Avez-vous fait la même remarque ?

I try to translate :-))

About some flowers, my books said "red (or purple, or blue), sometimes
white".
Indeed, I have met white Campanula patula, white Erythronium, white Jasione,
white Digitalis "purpurea", etc...
Are they albinos ? Does the seeds will give another white ?
I think they appear at the end of the flowering period ? Did you think so
???

In some plants, they may just be variable, you may find one plant with one
color of flower, and another with another color. Some other plants change the
color as the flower ages, one example of this is Cynoglossum officinalis, which
opens blue, and turns dark red. Plants which sometimes produce white flowers
often breed true, giving white flowers from the seed.

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page;
http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage