Old 08-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Anne Lurie

Default Help! I need suggestion for a cover

My vote: add some rocks until the pond depth is much shallower, you can
always remove some rock as the boy grows.

Hmm, perhaps I should take another look at my own wee little water
arden -- I'd have thought that a toddler would be okay in it, but maybe
not. (The only ones who were around it sat on the edge & splashed with
their feet.)

BTW, speaking of sons....... my little boy is 33 and possibly about to
become a ponder! (I can't quite tell from the pictures he sent of the house
he wants to buy, but there's a corner of the concrete patio that really
looks as though someone intended for a pond to be there!)

Ah, deja vu all over again (as the inimitable Yogi would say), I have the
feeling that I already posted the latter part of this.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Wilson" wrote in message
This has really been the first real weekend that I've gotten to enjoy my

new
waterfall....I've been fiddling with it for 2 weeks now(the rock
arrangement) and my wife told me If I didn't stop she'd find a new place

for
one of those rocks We had kind of an unnerving thing happen this
weekend....the 20 gal basin that I sunk is big enough that if a small

child
fell in he could turn around and then stand up, or so I thought.....my son
who is 20 months old this month was leaning over the put his hand in the
water and fell face first.....and could not right himself! I thought

about
this all night and I have no problems sacrificing looks for safety, I
thought about a black BBQ grill with rocks stack around the edges or

simply
filling the 20 gal 1/2 up with river rock.....anyone else have an idea

that
I might try?

Thanks in advance!

~Wilson~